Thursday, February 20, 2014


I'm finally going to begin work on "Metamorphasis." It's been a long time coming. I'm still going to start on the T-Shirt quilt but I figured while I have the momentum, I better get this thing rolling as well. So here are my humble beginnings:
Tried making a butterfly. Didn't like it much.

Found this stuff at my local quilting shop.

And this pretty fabric was at Walmart.

Found this illustration online. 

Traced it and added a seam allowance.

This is the end result. I used a satin stitch on the three layers (top fabric, inn-spire plus, bottom fabric). I like it but I think I won't use such a dark color thread and I think I will try it with a straight stitch instead. The thread is taking away from the pretty fabric. I thought it would look kind of like stained glass but it's not what I'm looking for. 

Based on a tutorial I saw on making a doll's fingers, I attempted to make the arm and hand for my life-sized doll.  It came out too skinny but I love the idea of using the pipe cleaners to make the fingers bendable without having to use stitching. Now I'm ready to go all the way and make the entire body.

These are definitely in the early stages and I have a long ways to go but I cannot wait to see the end result. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment