Friday, October 4, 2013

A Blast from the Past - Old Quilt Projects by Unicia Buster

The man featured in the center, Raymond H. Boone, 
passed on June 3, 2014.
A quilt I did in celebration of the Richmond Free Press' 11th Year Anniversary. It was donated to the editor, Raymond Boone. It was framed and is hanging in the lobby of their offices. In this piece, I was just learning how to make the printable fabrics work for me and incorporating them into the design instead of as an applique.

My first commissioned piece was done for Sandra Sellars. It was a portrait quilt that incorporated six patchwork patterns and four photographs.

I found a fun pattern in a quilting magazine for a tote bag. I liked it so much, I made about 12 of them and gave them away for Christmas gifts.

My initial drawing/sketch for "Field of Afros".

No comments:

Post a Comment