Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Signature Quilt for a Wedding

Here is something that I've been working on since March that I'd never posted. I'm still working on it. I'm learning some quilting techniques that I would like to apply to this wall hanging, but I didn't want to practice on it. But here are a few pictures. (Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of the beginning stages.)
In this foot, I'd just finished spray basting it. I used a pinwheel design for the border blocks. The bride took the quilt top to her wedding for her guests to sign, then she returned it to me. Her wedding photo is where the square, gray panel is in the center.

Here, I'm doing a stitch in the ditch with yellow thread.

This stitch was taken out. I was trying to do this on all the black sections using a darning foot but I couldn't keep my lines straight. I ended up using the regular foot.
More photos on this quilt to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment