Friday, July 3, 2015

Making My Own Carnival Headdress

Unfortunately, I didn't take photos while I was making this. I made it last weekend while sitting at my mom's house and watching a movie. It took me almost 4 hours and about $40 worth of crafting supplies: Rhinestones, ribbon, felt, feathers, beads, plastic, hot glue, battery operated lights and a clip-on fancy butterfly.

This is the entire piece. I am currently working on the body pieces to go with it (bra, belt, arm and leg bands).

Close-up of the feathers I used. The peacock feathers and the brown and gold feathers were expensive compared to the others (2 for $3).

With the battery operated lights on ($5 at AC Moore). You can see the butterfly (also $5) I used in the center. These two items were the most expensive, so of course you can forgo these two features and save $10.
With the overhead lights off, you can see how it would look at night. Very pretty and oh so gaudy. You can also kind of see it from the side to see how it goes on the head.


Another close-up view so you can see the rhinestones, ribbon, beads and mesh with rhinestones.

Tell me what you think in the comments below. I will get a picture up with the whole outfit in a couple of weeks. (Oooh ... Scandalous.)



1 comment:

  1. Like it!!! How's the rest of the outfit coming on? Cool.

    ReplyDelete